I have created a detailed step by step guide you can follow, to create a survey just like this one. You can find the download link later in this post.
Here are the steps to creating your own free voice of customer system.
1. Find a free vehicle to collect responses from your customers.Look no further than Google. Sign up for a free Google account and go to Google Forms. Here you can create a survey very easily and have it ready to go in a few minutes.
2. Decide on the questions you need to ask.Think ahead to what the answers will be and if you cannot take action from the answers, don't waste time asking them the question. Remember, customers time is precious and they don't work for you, keep your survey as short as possible to avoid drop outs.
3. Invite your customers to your survey..Get some business cards printed, put up some posters and put the link on your website and email signatures, anywhere your customers will see that you care what they think.
4. Download and analyse the results.This is easier than you think and Google will do it all for you. As your responses come in Google automatically adds them to your report and shows you some graphical charts to make it easier to understand your results.
5. Make changes to your business depending on what customers tell you.
You have asked your customer and they have told you what they think, now they expect you to take action upon what they have said. This is the vital step, don't be dismissive if you don't agree with something one of your customers has said. Take it in the spirit is has been given to you and work out what you can do about it.
You can download the detailed, step by step guide on my Resources Page.
Good luck :-)
James Scutt is a Customer Experience expert and business transformation leader with experience in Retail, Sales & Business Development, Operations, Innovation, Digital Introduction & Adoption, Culture Transformation and Programme Management.
To find out more please visit JamesScutt.com